Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Halie's 1st Christmas

Merry Christmas!!! Most of the time the children wake up before the parents on christmas morning. Not my Halie bug. Brett and I were standing over her crib at 10:00 this morning. We were waiting for her to wake up. We were the kids waiting to open the presents. Halie has always slept in late. Any other time I don't mind, but today I was dying. Finally at 10:30 she woke up. We brought her in to our living room and thought she would open all the presents. We have had presents under our tree for a few days. The whole time they were under there she would not leave them alone. We kept telling her "no no", so I think this morning she was nervous to open any. All she wanted to do was play she wasnt interested in unwraping.
I was very jealous because my parents gave her a little desk that sings and reads stories. She has played with that toy more than any other toy she got. I could not wait to give her this doll house and she has barely played with it.
I forgot to mention that Halie thinks she is invinsible like her dad. They think they can do anything. She stands on toys, boxes anything she can. If she happens to fall over she never even crys. She is so tough.
After about 2 hours of playing with her toys she got tired and fell asleep. Which is very weird, because she never takes naps. She slept for about 2 hours.
After she woke up she was sitting with Brett and I told her to smile and this is what I got.

Finally She played with my doll house. I have waited all day. When I started working on getting dinner ready she started playing with the house. I was so excited!What a cutie!!!
Aunt Jackie and uncle Braden got her a sippie cup. If only you could hear the squeaky noises she makes with it. It has a rubber spout on it and she was rubbing it on her gums. It was hilarious. Once she realized that we were laughing at her, she started laughing.

No comments: